Re: NANOG costs

  • From: Simon Lockhart
  • Date: Wed Apr 10 02:27:00 2002

>We used to pay $150 or so to attend NANOG conferences.
> Why are we charged $300 now?  Where is our $150,000+
>going?

To be perfectly honest, I'm more than happy with the cost of the NANOG
conference.

I get probably 2 or 3 invitations to "conferences" every week through the
post, and they're all the equivalent of $2000 upwards for a 1 or 2 day
conference. And these conferences are more a marketting hype, so will be
*heavily* sponsored by the companies who present at them.

So, $300 for a 3 day conference, where it's stuff that's actually relevant
and useful to my job, and isn't just a marketting exercise by the vendors
who spam me with plenty of material anyway, is, in my view, good value for
money.

Simon
--
Simon Lockhart                       |   Tel: +44 (0)1737 839676
Internet Engineering Manager         |   Fax: +44 (0)1737 839516