Re: [Q] BGP filtering policies

  • From: Henry Yen
  • Date: Tue Apr 09 22:46:07 2002

On Tue, Apr 09, 2002 at 07:00:28AM -0700, Sean M. Doran wrote:
> | UUNet suggested that any problems encountered
> | as a result of this allocation could probably solved by e-mailing
> | any NSP whose traffic interchange with us might be negatively
> | affected (unlikely, to be sure, but still...), and would then
> | change their filter (I'm unconvinced of this scenario).
>
> Try offering some money to such NSPs -- it probably doesn't have to
> be much, and of course you would be receiving substantial benefit...

Wouldn't it be more sensible to leverage the funds and instead offer
the money to UUNet, to swap for a class C space block?

If that were an option, we'd probably do it.  I don't think that it is.
--
Henry Yen                                       Aegis Information Systems, Inc.
Senior Systems Programmer                       Hicksville, New York