Re: [Q] BGP filtering policies

  • From: Jim Hickstein
  • Date: Tue Apr 09 16:49:25 2002

I'm listening intently, here.

I have an even smaller block from UUnet (63.107.133.0/24) in what ARIN declares to be a /20 CIDR block, and I'm having the devil of a time getting Level3 (my other <provider>) to actually announce this route. UUnet has time and again told me that they need do nothing for this to Just Work.

I thought my problem was in getting through to Level3 (via Meer.net) but maybe this is germane. I'm frankly at a loss to explain why I don't see my route with Level3's AS in its path. I used to know how this stuff worked, up to a point, back in about 1995, but I'm obviously rusty.