RE: Qwest Transit

  • From: Gironda, Andre
  • Date: Mon Apr 08 22:51:39 2002

All ISP's selling transit ask for strict traffic ratios.
How often do you think they get what they ask for?  I
would guess not very often.  People like flat rate 95th%
with no minimal commitment (both the seller and buyer)
because that's easy to keep track of.  Simplicity is king,
again.

Cogent's deals were to make things easy, right?

I don't know what they charge, but anyone can see that
an offer like 100Mbps for $10,000 a month makes sense
in terms of simplicity (not saying it makes sense in
terms of a transit provider making any money, tho) ;>

-dre