Re: Qwest Transit

  • From: Joseph T. Klein
  • Date: Thu Apr 04 01:56:19 2002

Please send a copy ....

--On Thursday, 04 April 2002 01:45 -0500 "John R. Levine" <[email protected]> wrote:

Bear in mind that the financial situation at Qwest is bad.

Isn't that partially due to deals with Enron on which they
misrepresented sales numbers?
Partially, but not primarily.  The lead front page article in the
Wednesday WSJ is about how badly mismanaged Qwest is.  The gist of it
is that US West was a sleepy RBOC with mediocre management, then Qwest
which was what one might call a dot.fiber bubble company bought US
West with fluffy puffy stock, then its incredibly arrogant and not
very skillful management ran the company into the ground.

If you don't get the Journal, the online edition allows me to mail
copies of articles to individuals, so write me if you want a copy.

--
John R. Levine, IECC, POB 727, Trumansburg NY 14886 +1 607 387 6869
[email protected], Village Trustee and Sewer Commissioner, http://iecc.com/johnl,

--
Joseph T. Klein                                         +1 414 628 3380
Senior Network Engineer                                 [email protected]

   "... the true value of the Internet is its connectedness ..."
                                                -- John W. Stewart III