Re: Qwest Transit

  • From: Shawn Solomon
  • Date: Tue Apr 02 19:26:24 2002

Andy,

Qwest is handing out "bargain" deals like hotcakes these days... But
before you get lured in ask yourself..

are you willing to buy from other non tier-1 providers?  It isn't hard to
find pipe under 50/meg these days if you stroke your local sales monkey
properly.

Also, look around at other folks like Sprint.. they are right in line with
Q-mess pricing and offer quite a bit more for it.

And finally, you have to wonder how long Q-tip can offer LD and circuit
switched pricing at a loss before dragging the rest of the company down
with it.

Lets face it, the packet side of the house was always a bit
shabby and it seems that all they have done is let it age.....

IMHO, you can find better price, better service and better quality in
other places.

--

 Shawn Solomon      Senior State Networks Engineer
 Indiana Telecommunications Network & IHETS INDnet