Re: Qwest Transit

  • From: John Osmon
  • Date: Tue Apr 02 17:37:32 2002

On Tue, Apr 02, 2002 at 04:45:32PM -0500, Andy Dills wrote:

[...]
> Can anybody speak positively or negatively about the quality of Qwest
> transit? We ordered a metered ds3 for a backup circuit, but with
> the pricing I'm seeing, I'm really tempted to localpref and prepend our
> announcements such that most of the traffic flows through Qwest. I plan on
> trying it out regardless, but I'd like to hear from the list first.

I do not buy Qwest trasit, so I can't attest to their quality directly.

However, I do live in former US West territory.  Don't forget that
in this 14 state region, interLATA connections for Qwest are handled
by a third party (generally TouchAmerica for IP connectivity from
what I've seen).

That fact may, or may not, mean anything to you.  If you goal is to
reach me, it may be discouraging - but I doubt it.

--
John Osmon      "When you have shot and killed a man, you have defined your
[email protected]  attitude towards him. You have offered a definite answer to