Re: How to get better security people

  • From: Sean Donelan
  • Date: Fri Mar 29 18:53:32 2002

On Fri, 29 Mar 2002, Kelly J. Cooper wrote:
> So, just out of curiousity, why are you asking this question?

Because a couple of congressional aides asked me what I would spend
the money on.  My first response was my brain didn't know how to
spend that much money.  But then you get in the swing of things,
and its just a few extra zeroes between friends.

The problem is the government has been spending varying amounts
of money on computer security for decades, and should they keep
giving money to the same programs they've always funded?  Or is
there something they haven't tried before that might have more
impact.

If I was king of the world, I have some opinions about cool stuff
the government could do.

But if there was something incredible obvious that I missed, write
your elected representative.  Who knows, they might actually listen.