Re: Help with bad announcement from UUnet

  • From: Forrest W. Christian
  • Date: Fri Mar 29 06:42:30 2002

I realize the original problem has been fixed, but I'd like to find out if
someone does have a contact at UUnet which will help with these types of
issues.  In particular, when I've been having a problem reaching
UUNet-connected sites and needed to contact the uunet noc, I get almost
the same response as Mark did initially, i.e.:

On Thu, 28 Mar 2002, Mark E. Mallett wrote:

> > I have contacted UUnet and have been told to take it up with my
> > upstreams 'cuz they won't deal directly with me.  They also said to
> > have a nice day.

I realize I don't have a direct relationship with UUnet.  But trying to
get my upstream to talk to their upstream to talk to UUnet just to get
someone at uunet to do a traceroute or tell me what is showing up in their
(uunet's) BGP tables is just plain rediculous.

Does anyone have better contact information than "call their unhelpful
noc"?

- Forrest W. Christian ([email protected]) AC7DE
The Innovation Machine Ltd.                              P.O. Box 5749
http://www.imach.com/                                Helena, MT  59604
Home of PacketFlux Technogies and BackupDNS.com         (406)-442-6648
      Protect your personal freedoms - visit http://www.lp.org/