Re: Not sure what I'm seeing... (Looking Glass Query)

  • From: Stephen J. Wilcox
  • Date: Fri Mar 29 04:44:22 2002

we see the cw route
  286 209 3561 19138

i think its looks okay.. as you know in bgp the shortest as path is chosen
first, and it is that which is propogated. i think what you might be
seeing is the fact that the cw routes are better as they are all shorter:

  7911 3561 19138
  5056 3561 19138

the net vriginia ones all having an extra hop because net virginia
connects to sprint and then on from there:

  4006 1239 7066 19138
  6395 1239 7066 19138
  3549 1239 7066 19138

so as they go across the routers the net virginia ones tend to be filtered
out in preference to cw

why dont you try prepending an extra 19138 onto your announcement into cw,
that should even things up and then take another look at the routing
table..

Steve

--
Stephen J. Wilcox