Re: Route filters, IRRs, and route objects

  • From: Mark Prior
  • Date: Fri Mar 29 00:12:28 2002

At 1:48 PM -0500 27/3/02, Przemyslaw Karwasiecki wrote:
Why it is required by some providers to generate explicit,
exact route objects, in order to allow routes through
their filters?

I worked on the assumption that the customer would think about what they were doing if they had to register them all. It didn't stop people doing it but I think it generated more discussion on what they really wanted to achieve than if we just allowed it automagically.

Mark.