Re: BGP without an IGP

  • From: Jake Khuon
  • Date: Thu Mar 28 14:01:39 2002
  • Action:
  • Dcc:
  • Expires:

### On Thu, 28 Mar 2002 13:40:51 -0500, "Abarbanel, Benjamin"
### <[email protected]> casually decided to expound upon
### "'Randy Bush'" <[email protected]>, Russ White <[email protected]> the
### following thoughts about "RE: BGP without an IGP":

BA> into the AS as IBGP routes. But from what I understood Ken original topology
BA> he was only talking about reachability within the AS. Reachability between IBGP
BA> peers that are more than 1 hop away.

Unless memory and past email messages serve me wrong, I believe Ken's
topology called for full-mesh.

BTW, we ran iBGP full mesh without an IGP quite fine.  Okay.. so there's a
twist...  We did it for IPv6 (before Cisco had IPv6 IS-IS) but I see no
reason why it wouldn't also work for IPv4.

--
 | Packet Plumber, Network Engineers     /| / [~ [~ |) | | --------------- |