Re: Route filters, IRRs, and route objects

  • From: Mark Kent
  • Date: Wed Mar 27 15:23:06 2002

>> So I have filters accepting from my customers whatever le 24,
>> but once those routes are propagated over Internet and they
>> reach eventually providers like Level3, they have their filters
>> accepting only those routes, which are registered on some IRR
>> in exact way....

Are you sure that level3 filters external routes against all IRR, or
(likely) is it just routes they are willing to hear their own from
customers?

If they filter global routes in the way you describe then I believe
their customer base will be disappointed once the radb purges unpaid
objects on April 2 (http://www.radb.net/)

-mark