Re: Route filters, IRRs, and route objects

  • From: Przemyslaw Karwasiecki
  • Date: Wed Mar 27 15:16:32 2002

Yes,

This is true, and I am using cisco prefix list already,
and "upto" notation on juniper boxes.

The problem is that some providers (like LEVEL3)
requires that all routes are registered in some IRR
before they will consider them valid/legitimate....

So I have filters accepting from my customers whatever le 24,
but once those routes are propagated over Internet and they
reach eventually providers like Level3, they have their filters
accepting only those routes, which are registered on some IRR
in exact way....

Przemek