RE: Exodus/C&W Depeering

  • From: Chris Parker
  • Date: Tue Mar 26 16:12:35 2002

At 10:40 PM 3/26/2002 +0200, Hank Nussbacher wrote:
At 11:49 AM 26-03-02 -0800, Sean M. Doran wrote:

the Invisible Hand said you should talk to the face instead.  Go figure.

A monk I met on the street, however, said: "Even stupid companies can make
smart decisions sometimes, the trouble is that you can only tell in hindsight
whether the choices made were the right ones".

I was also given a copy of a book by Lao Tze before the monk was
chased off by aggressive chanters and bongo-drummers from a rival sect.
Central London is weird.
I think in business they should rather be reading Sun Tzu.
Either one may or may not be applicable.  Depends on your view.

"When the country is ruled with a light hand
 The people are simple.
 When the country is ruled with severity,
 The people are cunning."

So, I will be cunning in light of this severity.  ;)

"... the stiff and unbending is the disciple of death.
 The gentle and yielding is the disciple of life.
 Thus an army without flexibility never wins a battle.
 A tree that is unbending is easily broken.
 The hard and strong will fall.
 The soft and weak will overcome."

I prefer an inclusive peering policy instead of an exclusive one.
I think it makes more sense in terms of building a quality network.
But then, I don't make money selling high-bandwidth ip transit, so
perhaps this is just my view of the peering elephant.

-Chris
--
   \\\|||///  \          StarNet Inc.      \        Chris Parker
   \ ~   ~ /   \       WX *is* Wireless!    \   Director, Engineering
                  \ Wholesale Internet Services - http://www.megapop.net