Re: Route Collector

  • From: Jake Khuon
  • Date: Tue Mar 26 09:05:09 2002
  • Action:
  • Dcc:
  • Expires:

### On Tue, 26 Mar 2002 08:50:44 -0500, "Chris Pace" <[email protected]>
### casually decided to expound upon "Todd Suiter" <[email protected]> the
### following thoughts about "Route Collector":

CP> Is it common or a good idea to have a route collector in a
CP> datacenter/enterprise environment ? We have 1 router that just collects
CP> routes using bgp and ospf, then set all servers to use it as the default
CP> gateway. Is this practical or am I making more work for myself ?

So it's doing more than just collecting routes?  It's also forwarding
traffic?  Is it carrying a full table of eBGP routes too?

--
 | Packet Plumber, Network Engineers     /| / [~ [~ |) | | --------------- |