Re: PacBell Security/Abuse contact

  • From: Jeremy T. Bouse
  • Date: Mon Mar 25 14:49:38 2002

	More specifically I belive this is a Distributed Reflection DoS
like what hit GRC.COM back on Jan 11th... Basically a flood of SYN
packets to well known ports from IPs which appear to be spoofed. I've
actually been riding it out now for over 2 weeks...

	The tech support is completely inept and trying to contact
security/abuse is pointless. Final realization of this was when I was
investigating another PacBell customers box which had been compromised
via another PacBell customer machine. After the forensics to get back
logs and track the intrusion I tried contacting PacBell to no avail and
then resulting it tryin to get in contact with their customer directly.
Which I managed to do and resolve the issue... I've never dealt with
such an inept company before.

	Jeremy