Re: Trap and Syslog Query

  • From: Matt Duggan
  • Date: Wed Mar 20 05:13:22 2002

Thanks for the reply Jake, most useful...

[snip]
MD> Q3. What do you expect the real figures to be based upon the network
MD> operating normally and what, from your experience, are they likely to be
MD> under fault conditions?

JK>I'm not sure I can provide an accurate answer to JK>that. There are too many variables and unknowns [to JK>me] about your network.

Ah, ok... I am trying to think in generic terms.
I agree with your statement though, basically it's a case of 'how long is a piece of string'.
It would be interesting to know if there are any consistent properties regardless of network size and content. Perhaps CAIDA/NLANR or someone have done a study?

[snip]

ta,
Matt.