Internet Exchange Questions

  • From: Jon Bennett
  • Date: Mon Mar 18 19:42:44 2002

I am a business school student studying the state of the telecom sector and specifically the Internet infrastructure. I am currently trying to understand the role the IX such as PAIX, Equinix, Telehouse, etc.. will play in the future where the number of service providers is drastically reduced relative to the environment they were created in. I think PAIX is a good example of this. MFN announced today that they were selling off PAIX. I would be interested in hearing thoughts on why anyone would want to buy PAIX and if there is a way to continue to make money selling cross connects in the future.

Jon Bennett

Do You Yahoo!?