RE: Purpose of the Internet

  • From: Daniel Golding
  • Date: Thu Mar 14 12:50:01 2002

This is a great book, BTW. All network engineers should read it. I suspect
this misunderstanding grew out of the idea that some of the original papers
on packet switching used as one of their criteria, that the networks be
highly survivable. Also, considering the source of many of the grants on
this (DARPA), a tip of the hat to a defense-oriented goal would have been
smart.

- Daniel Golding