Re: CEOlink

  • From: Iljitsch van Beijnum
  • Date: Thu Mar 14 03:17:03 2002
On 14 Mar 2002, Eric Brandwine wrote:

> Actually, NANOG does great.  Especially during Sept 11, information
> was disseminated, help was offered and accepted, and except for a
> couple of idiotic flames, the SNR was high.

If NANOG fulfills such an important role, it's probably a good idea to
make sure the list still works when there are wide spread outages.

There is only a single MX for merit.edu, and as far as I can tell it's not
even multihomed. Also, since this is email, it depends on the DNS.

In theory, news would be more rebust than mail, because of its distributed
nature and it should be possible to make news work without relying on the
DNS.