Re: Telco's write best practices for packet switching networks

  • From: JC Dill
  • Date: Thu Mar 07 17:29:46 2002

On 04:37 PM 3/7/2002 -0500, Sean Donelan wrote:

>My comment was originally prompted by the meeting minutes which
>reported on the survey data showing that 100% of carriers are implementing
>firewalls in their gateways. The 100% is what caught my eye.

Is that "100% of carriers report implementing firewalls in 100% of their gateways" or "100% of carriers report implementing firewalls in at least one gateway"? I suspect that it's closer to the later than the former, and that it includes firewalls located at gateways on the *customer* side of the circuit (managed IP services, including managing customer routers and firewalls).

jc