Re: Telco's write best practices for packet switching networks

  • From: Steven J. Sobol
  • Date: Wed Mar 06 20:13:12 2002

On Wed, 6 Mar 2002, Rob Pickering wrote:

> Why would you want to expose a management protocol like ssh to the
> Internet?

I do it so my customers with shell accounts don't have to telnet in.

Of course, if you're talking about ssh on something like a router, that's
different, and you should assess the need for people to have access to
that device over the public Internet.

--
Steve Sobol, Proud Native of the Great Frozen City of Cleveland, Ohio
http://www.Cleveland.OH.US/ http://www.TravelCleveland.com/