Re: Satellite latency

  • From: Tony Rall
  • Date: Tue Mar 05 21:18:52 2002

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/software/ios122/122newft/122t/12
> 2t8/tcpwslfn.htm
>
> Specifically made for satellite networks:
> ip tcp window-size 750000

I don't understand the benefit of this on a router.  Except for
connections where the router itself is an endpoint (telnet to the router,
for example), the router has no need to even be aware of window size.

Perhaps the router's window size comes into play if the router is
performing advanced functions such as NAT or IPSEC?

Tony Rall