Re: ICANN - The Case for Replacing its Management

  • From: Vadim Antonov
  • Date: Tue Feb 26 20:57:47 2002

ISPs have interest in making money, right. To make money they have to
provide a useful service to customer.  Internet w/o functioning DNS is not
useful. Therefore ISPs have quite strong interest in keeping DNS
infrastructure running.

The ICANN silliness in regard to dispute resolution policies left
registrars exposed to various kinds of litigation, which can concievably
cause serious disruptions in name service operation.  Besides, ISPs spend
significant amount of resources helping their customers to deal with
Network Solutions and other registrars.  It is all costs, and no gain.

--vadim