Re: NSI/VeriSign propogating incorrect DNS glue records

  • From: Derek Balling
  • Date: Sat Feb 16 07:52:51 2002

Move the domains elsewhere (e.g., if NS1.EXAMPLE.COM is bogus, move EXAMPLE.COM elsewhere). Once you do that, NSI isn't in charge of *.EXAMPLE.COM glue records any more, and you can have your new registrar correct them - in most cases, quite quickly and easily.

It may not solve your "last-minute" issue, but the reality is that convincing NSI to behave responsibly should be the next Olympic sport.

Can another registrar even do anything?  Since NSI have the domain
and host record, it doesn't seem likely.  And this is really urgent
for me since the bogus/old IPs being propogated by NSI are to be
derouted in less than 48 hours, so even if they do fix it there's
still outage time for the domains due to the 48 hour TTL.  It's
just completely screwed up that they can't even verify and expedite
the request in any way and just make up excuses like "our mail server
is playing up" and "email tends to take 24-48 hours to get through".
I don't have a problem getting email from/to anyone else on the
internet in less than a minute...

--
| [email protected]  | "Thou art the ruins of the noblest man  |