Re: it's here

  • From: Jon O .
  • Date: Tue Feb 12 20:38:14 2002

The PROTOS group also tested HTTP, WAP, and LDAP in addition to SNMP.
They also have a paper on constructive disclosure wherein they outline
the need to a black-box test suite for use by customers and vendors to
ensure simple buffer overflows, format string errors, etc. are easier
to find.

So, they are essentially attempting to empower the consumer and the
vendor to prevent these types of programming errors by releasing a
test suite to test for these things.

See this paper for more information:
http://www.ee.oulu.fi/research/ouspg/protos/sota/FIRST2001-disclosures/paper.pdf