Re: Exodus Sale to C&W Completed

  • From: Stephen J. Wilcox
  • Date: Sat Feb 02 15:13:44 2002

On Sat, 2 Feb 2002, E.B. Dreger wrote:

> > > Executive summary is that Exodus will run as a separate business unit,
>
> > > The only question that remains in my mind, as an Exodus
> > > customer, is "will they merge the IP networks?"  And I sure
> > > hope the answer is no :)
> >
> > .. and will they force Exodus to de-peer with everyone
>
> Something about which I also wondered.  But how would that fit in
> with the "must be run as a separate business unit" provision?
> Sort of like Digex and WCom...

But that presumably doesnt exclude exodus adopting policies that happen to
be the same as C&W such as depeering, they've done it fairly quickly with
other acquisitions..

Wonder if C&W chiefs are aware that to class yourself as an Internet
provider you have to be connected to the rest of it!?

Steve

--
Stephen J. Wilcox
IP Services Manager, Opal Telecom