RE: NAT Router for other purposes

  • From: Daniel Golding
  • Date: Fri Feb 01 10:38:20 2002

Evil? This isn't about good and evil, right and wrong, or moral and immoral.
This is about business. Your circumstances are very common, and very
mundane. The real questions you need to ask yourself are - what are your
ISP's Terms and Conditions, which you agreed to when you signed up, and are
you willing to face the consequences for violating them, if you are?

I think that trying to inject any sense of "good vs evil" into a technical
or business discussion is counterproductive, particularly when no one is
doing anything unethical. There seems to be some sense amongst users, that
folks at ISPs who make ultimately unpopular business decisions are bad
people. The real question is, are the unpopular decisions ultimately
profitable, due to increasing revenue, or do they backfire due to their
unpopularity, and end up costing money.

- Daniel Golding