RE: SlashDot: "Comcast Gunning for NAT Users"

  • From: Vivien M.
  • Date: Fri Feb 01 00:15:04 2002

On Fri, 1 Feb 2002, Mike Joseph wrote:

> On Thu, 31 Jan 2002, Vivien M. wrote:
>
> > Just out of curiosity, was this an ISP in Ithaca, NY or nearby? (The
> > description seems to match someone we've done business with there)
> >
> > Vivien
>
> Oh, it's not limited to a single ISP.  It never was.  I fail to see why

I know; my apologies to the list. I was trying to send the reply privately
(the logic that Tim was quoting just happened to sound much like the
emails the ISP I have in mind sends to its customers, which are very
informative and everything, but also very blunt and honest...), but
unfortunately due to either Teleglobe or Exodus screwing up something, I
couldn't talk to our servers directly, so I was using a different mail
client to send that email, and I obviously wasn't familiar with how that
client handles reply vs reply all. (Why did I let myself get assimilated
to MS software! Now I can't seem to use anything else properly...)

Once again, sorry about that... (and now Teleglobe or Exodus fixed the
problem, so I can go back to my regularly-buggy MS mail client)

Vivien

--
Vivien M.
[email protected]