Re: Fwd: SlashDot: "Comcast Gunning for NAT Users"

  • From: M. David Leonard
  • Date: Thu Jan 31 18:11:29 2002

	You know, if I had a cable modem I would have some sort of
firewall router just to preserve my peace of mind.  I might even run NAT
on the LAN side.  So the question is this:  can a customer use a firewall
for *one* computer?  If so, how can the cableco determine whether there
is a single computer or two computers or more behind a firewall?  I
really don't think they can except in cases of egregious abuse.

					David Leonard
					ShaysNet