Re: distributed attack, high or not

  • From: Joseph T. Klein
  • Date: Wed Jan 30 21:48:54 2002

I define it as random because the traffic rise could be seen
coming in from multiple providers and looked to be the same
percent from all sources (separate routers with separate
interfaces to separate ASNs in separate geographic locations).
The traffic was inbound and not backsplash from randomized
source addresses.

It looks to me like a infection with someone turning a control
knob. Is this common or a precusor of a bad thing?

The anomaly was exactly one hour long.

First I have seen of something like this in a relativly short time of
gathering stats ... which I'm doing for another project.

--
Joseph T. Klein
[email protected]