Re: NANOG 24: NAP BoF

  • From: Richard Irving
  • Date: Tue Jan 29 12:24:33 2002

If you recall... NAP's were tiered...  1,2 etc...

So, you now claim only Tier 1's are actual NAP's ?

(not wanting to send reporters to the
 phones with yet another mythconception)

  Why don't we take a look at the listings for North America,
from this site....

and we can see where I developed this "incredible misnomer"...

Perhaps we will need people to rename their "exchanges", eh ?

Get Bill M's call on it..... Tiering was his Idea.

=====================
The East Coast...

 ATL-NAP Atlanta
BMPX - Boston Metropolitan Exchange Point
BNAP - Baltimore NAP
FloridaMIX - Florida Multimedia Internet Exchange (News Article)
 ipx - A New Jersey Activity
Louisville-nap.net
MAGPI - a Mid Atlantic Gigapop for Internet2
NNAP - Neutral NAP
Nashville Regional Exchange Point
Nap of the Americas: Miami, Florida (under construction)
NY6iX - A New York IPv6 exchange
NYIIX - New York International Internet Exchange (Telehouse)
MetroIX - Various NE sites, NY
 Philadelphia Internet Exchange
Pittsburg Internet Exchange
 Research Triangle Park
 Sprint NAP (Pennsauken NJ)
Vermont ISP Exchange Private(Password Required)

The West Coast...

 AMAP - Anchorage Metropolitan Access Point
AIX - Ames Internet Exchange
COX - Central Oregon Internet Exchange
HIX - Hawaii Internet Exchange
LAIIX - Telehouse LosAngles
LAP - A Los Angeles Exchange, includes MAE-LA.
Northwest Access Exchange - Portland (website under construction)
OIX - Oregon Internet Exchange
Pacific Bell NAP Information
PACIFIC WAVE - Pacific Wave Exchange
SD-NAP - San Diego (Caida)
SIX - Seattle Internet Exchange
SNNAP - Puget Sound Regional Interconnect Statistics Link

Arizona & New Mexico...

New Mexico Internet Exchange
 New Mexico Network Access Point
 TTI - The Tucson Interconnect

Texas...

Austin - AMAP
Compaq's Houston NAP
Dallas-Ft Worth DWFMAP
 Mae Houston
 Magie - A Houston Exchange
San Antonio SAMAP

The Middle American Exchange Points

Ameritech NAP info (Chicago NAP)
CMH-IX - Columbus Internet Exchange
 DIX - Denver Internet Exchange
IndyX - Indianapolis Data Exchange
Mountain Area eXchange (Denver)
 Nashville CityNet
 Ohio Exchange
STAR TAP (12 GigaPOP)
 The Arch - St. Louis, Mo.
Utah REP

Canada...

BCIX - British Columbia Internet Exchange
BC Gigapop - British Columbia Gigapop
 CA/NAP Canada/Toronto Exchange
 CANIX: Originally CA*net sponsored - No URL Supplied
Edmonton Internet Exchange
 MIX - Montreal Internet Exchange

The Nova Scotia Gigapop
Ottawa Internet eXchange
Quebec Internet Exchange (French)
Toronto Internet Exchange
 torix.net and torix.com are now registered domains of the Toronto Internet Exchange

= North American R&E Fabric=
PAIX
Equinix
 West Coast: Los Angeles and San Jose CA.
 East Coast: Newark NJ and Ashburn VA.
 Middle America: Chicago IL. and Dallas TX.
 LA NAP
Napnet A GTE Company

Randy Bush wrote:

> now that you have displayed your ignorance of history and terminology, where
> do you plan to go next.

  Since you seem to have a limited memory,
  let me remind you I was -in- these meetings..

  Now get in practice Randy:

   "Do you want fries with that ?"