Re: Growing DoS attacks

  • From: Joe Abley
  • Date: Thu Jan 17 09:25:54 2002

On Thu, Jan 17, 2002 at 10:05:45AM +0100, Vincent Gillet wrote:

> [email protected] disait :
>
> > 	Something that people may want to consider doing is
> > that assuming you are using hardware/software that can support
> > rate-limit of specific packet types/rates, you could
> > generate some rate-limits to limit specific types of traffic
> > to various ranges.
>
> rate-limite and/or traffic filtering may be available on some
> box (GSR) but cannot run concurently with other feature (NetFlow).

I seem to have just found out that ACLs and sampled NetFlow can
both be configured concurrently on routers running IOS >= 12.0(18)S.
This is in theory, not something I have tried (yet), and may depend
on the specific LCs you have in your router.

I don't know if/where the feature has been implemented on other
release trains.

Joe