Re: Methods for managing large customer/internal mgmt ACLs?

  • From: Stephane Bortzmeyer
  • Date: Thu Jan 17 09:22:21 2002

On Thursday 17 January 2002, at 5 h 58,
Roland Dobbins <[email protected]> wrote:

> I'd be grateful for insight into what tools/methods are being used out
> there for managing and deploying large numbers of large customer and/or
> internal management ACLs, specfically for Cisco devices.  Is vi/RCS/tftp
> the most common toolset, or is anyone using the Cisco ACLM

May be many people are also using a custom Perl script to perform tasks
similar to ACLM?

In that case, a company which is member of Gitoyen will release RSN :-) under
the free software licence GPL a tool very similar to ACLM but without the
fancy and heavy user interface (just text files you edit with vi and store
into CVS). Also, unlike ACLM, it works not only with IOS' ACLs but also with
Ipfilter (FreeBSD), Netfilter (Linux >= 2.4), etc.

Stay tuned :-)