Re: Growing DoS attacks

  • From: Jared Mauch
  • Date: Wed Jan 16 18:57:42 2002

	I think the point is that (despite everyones thoughts
that use it) IRC is not considered a super-important network service
these days.  If the irc server is dampened or the attack can't reach it
it just penalizes the compromised host(s) network(s) more than the
person who hosts the irc server.

	- jared