Re: huh

  • From: Leo Bicknell
  • Date: Tue Jan 15 17:54:45 2002

In a message written on Tue, Jan 15, 2002 at 03:49:24PM -0600, Tim Devries wrote:
> Ok, well this is good to know.  Although it still doesn't explain why my
> firewall is reporting DNS UDP/TCP probes from windowupdate.com on a regular
> basis.

Microsoft has in the past used load balancing technology that sent
DNS queries back to your machine/nameserver in an attempt to provide
you with a better performing (one can only assume lower latency)
server.

I suspect you may get "probed" approximately as often as you (or your
users) contact windows update.

--
       Leo Bicknell - [email protected] - CCIE 3440
Read TMBG List - [email protected], www.tmbg.org