Re: router startup behavior

  • From: Paul Donner
  • Date: Mon Jan 14 17:54:38 2002

And how long do you think convergence would take in this case?

At 03:58 PM 1/14/2002, [email protected] wrote:
On Mon, 14 Jan 2002 12:40:49 PST, Randy Bush said:

> > a fix might be to not advertise any routes to a BGP peer until you
> > receive all the routes that peer has to send you.
>
> and, of course, we can not know when a peer has sent all the routes it
> has to send to you.

Well, wait till it sends you the FIRST route, and then wait a fixed amount
of time for it to finish babbling.  Figuring out how long the OTHER end will
wait for you to finish babbling before sending the first route is left as
a trivial excersize... ;)
--
                                Valdis Kletnieks
                                Computer Systems Senior Engineer