RE: router startup behavior

  • From: Steve Naslund
  • Date: Mon Jan 14 15:09:47 2002

Sorry, didn't get your first message clear in my head.  The next question I
would have is what do the routes look like.  To get that many routes for a
couple
of class Cs, the router's BGP must be really broke.  I would try to look at
router
type and software version and see if there is a correlation there.  I would
then try
Cisco's web site to see what the known BGP issues are for that IOS version.
The bug
toolkit has a lot of resolved BGP bugs but you need to know the version and
platform
in order to get a better search.  You usually need a support contract to get
to this
area but you might be able to talk them into helping you or having one of
the service
providers submit the problem as a trouble case.

Can you provide a sample of the routing table during the bad advertisements
?

Steve