Re: microsoft

  • From: Christopher A. Woodfield
  • Date: Sat Dec 29 11:20:02 2001

What you're seeing is MS using Akamai's Edgesuite service. Basically,
www.microsoft.com CNAMES to www.microsoft.akadns.net, which resolves to
the "closest" Akamai server to the source IP on the DNS query. That box
caches the content from the *real* www.microsoft.com, and serves it up.
Nice concept, and a helluva lot easier to implement on the end user side
than FreeFlow, IMHO...

-Chris

--
Christopher A. Woodfield		[email protected]

PGP Public Key: http://pgp.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0xB887618B