Re: Network Operations Luminaries?

  • From: Steven M. Bellovin
  • Date: Fri Dec 07 15:23:34 2001

In message <[email protected]>, Fletcher E Kittredge writ
es:

>On Thu, 6 Dec 2001 20:40:36 -0700 (MST)  Pete Kruckenberg wrote:
>> Who is/are the network operations equivalents of people like
>> Peter Drucker and Jack Welch--people who are looked at not
>> only has role models for operations success, but as
>> luminaries in the industry for having established and
>> educated the masses about best practices?
>
>My idiosyncratic, incomplete, personal list is:
>
>   Steve Bellovin

I appreciate the compliment, but I'm not an operations guy -- never was
in the NOC sense, except for *tiny* networks, and for a fair number of
years not even on security.  I hang out on NANOG so that I can learn
from everyone else.

		Full text of "Firewalls" book now at http://www.wilyhacker.com