Re: Network Operations Luminaries?

  • From: Fletcher E Kittredge
  • Date: Fri Dec 07 11:54:46 2001

On Thu, 6 Dec 2001 20:40:36 -0700 (MST)  Pete Kruckenberg wrote:
> Who is/are the network operations equivalents of people like
> Peter Drucker and Jack Welch--people who are looked at not
> only has role models for operations success, but as
> luminaries in the industry for having established and
> educated the masses about best practices?

My idiosyncratic, incomplete, personal list is:

   Scott Bradner
   Vadim Antonov
   Randy Bush
   Sean Doran
   Sean Donelan
   Paul Vixie
   Steve Bellovin
   Tony Li
   Paul Ferguson
   Ted Lemon

My criteria:

1) They have taken the time to regularly publish (via mailing list or
   more formal venues),
2) I have reading their opinions for a minimum of ten years,
3) Time has proven them right.

There are many great engineers that I just haven't known long enough,
don't regularly spout off.  There are others who ought to be on this
list but name just slipped my mind for a moment.

regards,
fletcher