Re: Open Source BGP-router?

  • From: Steven Hessing
  • Date: Fri Dec 07 06:11:35 2001

True, bgpd.pl is not being maintained. I would be happy pick up development again and fix some known bugs if someone could provide me with a full BGP feed from a router. This router should not be in a production network and should be able to deal with lots of BGP notifications, session re-establishments and other testing activities.

Ideally, I would like BGP sessions set up with all the different BGP implementations ofcourse but one would already be nice to start with.

- Steven

At 09:40 AM 12/7/2001 +0100, Stephane Bortzmeyer wrote:

On Thu, Dec 06, 2001 at 02:49:31PM -0700,
 Irwin Lazar <[email protected]> wrote
 a message of 14 lines which said:

> > a BGP-capable router?
>
> See: http://bgpd.sourceforge.net/

It's a funny experiment (a BGP speaker entirely in Perl), but it is
not maintained and I'm not aware of anyone using it in production.

The only free (as in free speech, not as in free beer, i.e. not gated)
BGP speaker in production seems to be Zebra.