Re: BellSouth

  • From: Christopher Schulte
  • Date: Wed Dec 05 16:34:36 2001

At 02:17 PM 12/5/2001 -0700, Mike Lewinski wrote:

> It's nothing personal.  Most if not all of their incoming MXes are
> misconfigured so they reject all mail from everywhere.
A scheduled maintenance upgrade went bad?

excerpts from http://consumer.bellsouth.net/system/

'Subject: All Cities, Email Scheduled Maintenance.
The maintenance will take place Monday, December 3, 2001, from 12:00 a.m. to 6:00 a.m. EST. WHERE? This maintenance will impact the nine southern states serviced by BellSouth Internet Services; Florida, Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, Georgia, S. Carolina, N. Carolina, Tennessee, and Kentucky.'

Then

'Subject: ALL CITIES - E-mail Issue
The outage began at 4:13 p.m. EST on Tuesday, December 04, 2001. WHERE? This issue is impacting the nine-state Bellsouth region that BellSouth Internet Services serves. WHY? The equipment problem that is causing the difficulties is unknown at this time.'

According to their current status, problems are resolved:

'Resolution: We have successfully restored service in your area. All Dial and FastAccess customers in the nine-state region that BellSouth serves will no longer experience any problems sending or receiving their e-mail. All issues concerning any latency or disconnections have been resolved. All customers will be able to access the system normally.'

--c