Re: Secure BIND Template v3.1 released

  • From: Mike Batchelor
  • Date: Tue Dec 04 14:04:28 2001

An attacker can easily convince a client with access to the trusted view to perform queries on its behalf, in countless ways. He can send the trusted client a trojan to install Backorifice. Or he can simply send him an email and convince the trusted client to reply. Or send him a link. Or put his link in a website the client is likely to visit.

So I am not quite sure what the trusted view protects against. Anyone can still get a malicious recursive query to the internal view if they really want to.