Re: interesting CAR related crashes in 12.0(14)S

  • From: alex
  • Date: Mon Dec 03 19:20:15 2001

> Alex,
>
> Typically when people say crash they mean the router rebooted.
> But in your description you are talking about packet loss.

I am talking about packet loss, crash, packet loss, crash, packet loss,
crash and so on.

> Send me a 'sh tech' *OFFLINE* and a more detailed description
> of the problem.  We'll post a response to the alias once it's a bit
> more clear what the issue is.

I understand the point of image/damage control, thought at this time what I
am interested is not a reply from Cisco along the lines of "please send the
'sh tech'". Rather I am interested in hearing from people who are using GSRs
in non-lab environments about similiar issues since I happen to have a hunch
that should I not get that background information myself, I would have a
problem convincing people that the issue had even been there...

So, returning to my original question...

Does anyone know of "interesting" crashes related to CAR on GSRs running
IOS release close to what I have described... (Since during the past tests
the same router in the same setup with the same IOS ran just fine when it
was applying same type of rate-limiting to 3x as much traffic on a different
sub-interface)

Thanks,
Alex