Re: @Home ordered to shutdown at Midnight

  • From: Miles Fidelman
  • Date: Sun Dec 02 09:50:45 2001

On Sat, 1 Dec 2001, Jeff Wasilko wrote:

> > I think it depends on whether you were originally a MediaOne cable system
> > or a TCI system.  MediaOne systems still use Roadrunner as their ISP,
> > while TCI was Excite-based. Lucky for me, I'm on a former MediaOne net.
>
> That's not correct. The old Mediaone/AT&T Broadband regions are
> not using RoadRunner. The systems and staff were split off from
> RoadRunner when AT&T had to divest it's interest in RoadRunner
> (as part of the AOL/TimeWarner merger, IIRC).

But the contracts have a life to run.

I'm on a former MediaOne system in Newton, MA, and on the cable board
here, and I can assure you that a lot of the infrastructure feeding my
cable modem comes from Roadrunner, not excite - though there seem to have
been some changes over the past month or so.

The Center for Civic Networking 	    PO Box 600618
Miles R. Fidelman, President &		    Newtonville, MA 02460-0006
Director, Municipal Telecommunications
Strategies Program			    617-558-3698 fax: 617-630-8946
[email protected]	 		    http://civic.net/ccn.html

Information Infrastructure: Public Spaces for the 21st Century
Let's Start With: Internet Wall-Plugs Everywhere
Say It Often, Say It Loud: "I Want My Internet!"