Re: @Home ordered to shutdown at Midnight

  • From: Matthew S. Hallacy
  • Date: Fri Nov 30 20:35:54 2001

On Fri, Nov 30, 2001 at 04:59:25PM -0500, Sean Donelan wrote:

[snip]

> The judge said the company and bondholders could negotiate new
> deals with the cable companies.  Cox, AT&T, etc could come to a
> new arrangement to continue service before Midnight (PST as someone
> pointed out @Home is a California based company).  If they don't
> come to a new arrangement, the company and creditors can cease
> service at Midnight.

For what it's worse, AT&T has gone through a lot of trouble
to assure it's customers (including me) that our service
will only be interrupted to the extent that home.excite.com
may be unreachable for a short time, no other aspects of
the service should be affected (this is pointed out clearly
on their tech support line, as well as in a letter seperate
from my bill this month)

[snip]

Now, if only I could find someone at AT&T that knows how
to fix the reverse DNS for the netblocks in Minneapolis...

				Matthew S. Hallacy