Re: Looking for a ping plotting tool for *nix

  • From: dani-post
  • Date: Wed Nov 28 09:29:03 2001

On Wed, Nov 28, 2001 at 03:07:24AM +0000, E.B. Dreger wrote:
> > I'm searching for a tool that will continuously (once per
> > second or .5 second) ping every hop on a specified path (or
>
> Without 1) starting a flame war or 2) insinuating that you would
> engage in bad behavior, all hops are within your network, right?

Yep, all on my network and a couple hops up my ISP's egress, so I'm paying for it.  Gotta keep an eye on the isp's backbone and mpls tunnel availability - '5 nines' is great, but I need to know when that .001 of failure is happening.

And regarding the pingplotter post - that is for Windows only, would be nice to have a daemonized version for unix that is a bit more tame (IMHO pingplotter works at a bit of a high packet rate to be run for more than a couple minutes at a time).

Thanks for the suggestions!
- Dani