Re: Followup British Telecom outage reason

  • From: Christopher A. Woodfield
  • Date: Mon Nov 26 11:44:35 2001

I'm referring to the _vendor's_ support costs - as in, you don't need as
many people in the TAC if people don't keep running into IOS bugs; you
don't need as large of a RMA pool if the hardware is more reliable, etc.

As the vendor would most likley decline to pass these savings along to
the customer, I would see this as a profit opportunity for the vendor.

-C

--
Christopher A. Woodfield		[email protected]

PGP Public Key: http://pgp.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0xB887618B